At UCFB-GIS, we are proud of our diverse student community and the role European citizens play in making UCFB a great place to study.

The enriching educational experience we provide at UCFB-GIS is strengthened by the opportunities to share different cultures, providing our students and graduates with a wide range of perspectives to ensure they are prepared for the global challenges they will face.

Further details about the EU Settlement Scheme can be found on the Government’s website.

Current Students
Can I continue to study at UCFB once the UK leaves the EU?

Yes. Most EU, EEA and Swiss citizens will need to apply to continue living and studying in the UK after it leaves the EU.

If you haven’t already done so, please contact urgently.

Will there be a change to my immigration status, and what about my family living in the UK?

Please keep up-to-date with information on the UK Council for International Student Affairs’ (UKCISA) website to gain a good understanding of how Brexit might impact your immigration status.

More information about settled and pre-settled status for EU, EEA and Swiss citizens and their families can also be found on UKCISA’s website.

What affect will Brexit have on my tuition fees?

EU, EEA and Swiss citizens who are already studying at UCFB will continue to pay the same tuition fees for the duration of their programme even if the course finishes after the UK has left the EU.

Will I still be eligible to receive a student loan as a current EU student?

Eligibility requirements for current EU, EEA and Swiss citizens to receive loans and/or grants to fund their studies for the full duration of their course remain unchanged. More information can be found on the Student Loan Company webpage.

Will my Erasmus placement be affected after Brexit?

Students currently participating in Erasmus+, including those taking part in the 2019/20 academic year, are not expected to be affected by the Brexit outcome.

If a deal is reached, the UK is expected to take part in Erasmus+ until the end of the current phase in 2020. The government has published a Technical Notice in light of the possibility of leaving the EU without a deal. This notice provides guidance to individuals participating or wanting to participate in the Erasmus+ programme.

For further information and updates relating to the Erasmus+ programme, read the Brexit update on the Erasmus website.

Prospective students
Will EU students need a visa to study in the UK?

Yes, EU students will need a visa to study with UCFB from September 2021 onwards. 

If you have not been granted Pre-Settled or Settled Status by the UK government, you will need to apply for a student visa if you are studying a course which is longer than six months in length. 

Unfortunately, UCFB and GIS cannot currently sponsor students' visas. 

Will course fees change after Brexit?

We can confirm that for the 2021/11 academic year EU applicants will qualify for home fees. Please find further information about home fees here.

Will EU students be eligible to receive a loan or grant after Brexit?

EU, EEA and Swiss citizen’s students starting new courses with UCFB and GIS for the 2021/22 academic year and beyond EU students may be able to get a Tuition Fee Loan and help with living costs.

You can find additional information here:

I am unsure if I will be classed as a Home or International student?

If you are unsure of what your status will be, for example, you are a British passport holder living in the EU or currently hold pre-settled or settled status in the UK. Please send an E-Mail to and we can send you a tuition fee assessment form. We can then confirm what status you would hold with UCFB and GIS.